SETEK WIFI range extender is one of the most affordable extenders available in the market. Normally affordability means cheap quality but not in this case. SETEK WIFI extender setup can be done within a few minutes. Users just have to follow the right instructions and they can connect it in just minutes.
This article will cover Key features of the Setek extender, Step by step instructions on how to set up a SETEK WIFI range extender? and some troubleshooting steps that users can follow to troubleshoot their Setek range extender. So let’s dive right in.
Overview and Key Features of SETEK WIFI Range Extender
Setek WIFI range extender brings the latest technology to your home that ensures better WIFI coverage throughout your home and a stable internet connection. Setek WIFI extender setup can be done within few minutes if users follow the right instructions. Let’s discuss some of the key features that make it different than other brands.
- Affordability: SETEK WIFI range extender would not hit hard on your pocket. It is one of the most affordable extender available in the market.
- High Quality: Do not get fooled by the price of it because we know normally affordabilty means cheap quality but not in the case of Setek range extenders therefore you can say that premium quality that can be easy on your pocket.
- Dead Zones Eliminator: Setek extender will eliminate any dead zones you home have. It can cover upto 2500SqFt that’s impressive for the price and size of it. Pre installed antennas makes it super WIFI booster.
- Compact Design: Comapct design of the Setek extender makes it easy to use in small and confined spaces therefore it would not cover the complete wall outlet of yours.
- Stable Internet: High end technology of Setek extender will help you to achieve Internet Stability throughout your home.
Content of the Setek Extender Box
So this section will explore all the content that you get within the box of the Setek extender. If you have already bought a Setek extender this section will help you to check if you got everything that is mentioned here.
- Setek Range Extender: It is quite obvious that you get an Setek range extender within the box. It could be black or white depending on the color you chose during the purchase process.
- An Ethernet Cable: An ethernet cable is included in the package so that you can use your extender as a router or connect it to your computer or gaming console.
- Instruction Manuals: Instuctions manual is also included in the box that assist you in the Setek WIFI extender setup.
Methods of Setek WIFI Extender Setup Process
Setek wifi range extender setup can be done using a smart device or a computer. Super easy setup makes it easy to install and use. You can use your smartphone or a computer to set up this Setek extender. There are 2 methods to connect the Setek extender with your existing wireless router.
- First Method: Setek extender setup with the WPS or WIFI Protected Setup.
- Second Method: Setek extender setup with web browser using a computer or a smartphone.
Method 1: Setek Extender Setup using WPS
Setek extender setup can be done with the push of a button that makes it a plug-and-play device. However, to set up your Setek extender using WPS you would need to make sure that your router supports WPS. You can check it by looking on the router if you found a WPS button it means that your router supports it. Follow the instructions below for the WPS process.
- Plug your Setek extender to the power and wait for it to turn on
- Push the WPS button on your Wireless router.
- Now push and hole the WPS button on your extender for 2 seconds.
- Wait for 30 seconds and the WIFI Led on the extender will turn solid green.
- If you can’t see the solid green LED then you should follow the steps one more time.
See how easy it is to set up your Setek range extender. In case if your extender did not connect you can either follow the steps again or reset your extender to the factory settings.
Method 2: Setup with the Web Browser
If the WPS process did not work you can try to connect your extender with this method. This method can be done using a smartphone or a computer. In this section, we will provide you steps for the devices. So if you have a smartphone you can follow the instructions for the smartphone or vice versa.
1. Setek Extender Setup with a Computer
To set up your Setek extender with the computer you would need a computer with the WIFI. You can also follow the same steps via connecting the extender to the computer using an ethernet cable. Let’s cut the chase now and follow the instructions below for the Setek WIFI extender setup.
- Plug your Setek extender to an power outlet and wait for it to turn on.
- Open WIFI settings on your comouter.
- Connect your computer to Setek WIFI network.
- As soon as your compurer is connected to Setek WIFI, a setup interface should pop up on your screen. If it does not open up follow the next step.
- Open a Web Browser such as Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
- In web address of your browser type 192.168.10.1
- Type admin for the username and password.
- Next screen will start scanning for nearby WIFI.
- Choose your WIFI network and type the password for it.
- By default the extended WIFI would have the same name. However, it should have plus at the end of it. if you want to change it you can do that from the same screen.
- After changing settings click on connect button. Extender should reboot once.
- Your Setek WIFI extender is now connected to the router.
Your Setek extender is now connected to the Router and it is ready to move to your desired location. However, you need to make sure that your extender is placed at a location where your wireless router can reach it properly.
2. Setek WIFI extender setup with a smartphone
Steps for the Setek WIFI extender setup with a smartphone are fairly similar to the computer. However, some users may get confused with the setup process. Follow the steps below for the Setek extender setup using a smartphone.
- Plug your Setek WIFI extender to the power and wait for it to turn on.
- Open WIFI settings on your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to the Setek WIFI.
- Open a web browser such as Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Type 192.168.10.1 on the browser.
- A setup screen will come up and it will scanning for your WIFI.
- Choose your WIFI and type the password for it.
- You can change your extenders WIFI name from this screen.
- Click connect, now your extender will reboot once.
Your extender is now connected to the router and ready to use. You need to make sure that your router reaches your extender properly therefore choose the location of your extender wisely.
Troubleshooting of Setek WIFI extender
- Reset Setek Extender: To factory reset Setek extender the user would need to push the reset button for 10 seconds while your extender is plugged in to the power outlet.
- Getting Red or Orange light: If you are getting red or orange light on the Setek extender, you should move your extender close to your router. Red or Orange light shows that your extender is far from the router.
- Change password on the Extender: To change the WIFI password on the extender, login to your extender using its IP address. You can change any settings from this page.
Frequently Asked Questions by the users about Setek extender
- How to reset Setek extender to the Factory Settings?
To reset Setek WIFI extender to the factory setting, push the reset button for 10 seconds while your extender is plugged into the power. Your extender should rebbot once that indicates your extender is resetting to the factory settings.
- How do I login the Setek extender login page?
To login to the Setek extender, user would need to find its IP address. User can find its IP address by logging into their existing wireless router. Type that IP address in the address bar and you should be able to login to the Setek extender.
- Is Setek extender is a Dual Band extender?
Yes, Setek extender is a dual band extender. It works fine with most routers. You can use 2.4GHz and 5GHz WIFI out of this range extender.
- How far should I plug in the Setek extender from the router?
Setek claims this extender can extend upto 2500SQFT. It obviously depends on couple of things such as walls between your extender and the router. As long as you’re getting green light on the WIFI signal that means your is in an optimal location.
- Can I use 2 Setek extenders on one router?
Ofcourse, you can use more than 2 extenders with your existing wireless router.
- How many devices can I connect to the Setek extender?
Setek claims that you can connect upto 15 to 16 devices with their extender.